Monday, September 29, 2008

Thelma


Thelma will be put to sleep tomorrow morning. As much as we all know it's time - It's still so sad. She was "my dog" as Louise was Mary's. Thelma would sleep with me in bed and come running back into my bedroom when there was a storm.


She always, ALWAYS would greet you with a gigantic, wet lick. She was so docile, patient and kind. Never snapped, loved all the kids and chasing squirrels when she could still run. She loved her belly rubs and wrestling with Dad's sock (while it was still on his foot).


I gave her extra pets and love tonight and even though I'm not supposed to - I got down on the floor and snuggled her soft face and ears one last time.


Rest in peace Thelma - and have fun being reunited with Louise. She's been waiting a long time to see you again. We love you!




No comments: