Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Extended stay

Looks like I'll be staying at my parent's for another four weeks at least. It sucks, but I gotta do it. Don't really want to screw things up at this point or get a metal rod shoved up my back. That would be embarrassing during security checks I'm sure.

I've been getting my old migraines back and they're started to get pretty consistent. But, I think once I start physical therapy tomorrow, they'll start to get better. I'm really excited to begin PT - it's always a good step toward full recovery.

The house is pretty quiet without Thelma huffing and puffing around. When Erik left tonight, I was like watch out for Thelma - then thought, she isn't here. Old habits die hard.

Karlene has been having a rough time lately. I feel really bad for her. She's got a full plate and just when you think there isn't any room left - life doles out another helping of madness. I hope things settle down for her soon. I'm really thinking about her a lot. Stress is incredibly overwhelming - it can take over your brain in an instant. But, she's one of the toughest women I know - if anyone can get through it all, she can.

On a sidenote I am really loving this weather - but am not able to get out and enjoy it as much as I'd like to. We were going to take Sadie to the pumpkin farm this weekend, but the doctor said no - maybe next weekend instead. But, come hell or high water we're going!

My dad painted our archway and bathroom yesterday and Erik said it looks fantastic! I'm really excited to see how it turned out. The last room to get done is our bedroom - but it's turning out to be a bitch because the wallpaper the old lady had on as a border was freakin superglued to the wall. It's nearly impossible to get off. But Erik's gonna try his darndest!

I'll take pictures when we get over there. Maybe Saturday. Who knows!?

Hope everyone has a nice week.

No comments: