Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On the phone - long, long distance


Early last summer - before I found out I was pregnant and without a job - I filled out an app for the Obama campaign. Tra La La La Tra La....


Time passes, I hear nothing.

All of a freakin sudden - over the past 3 months my phone has been ringing off the hook. Apparently, a media background is much desired at this crucial point in the campaign? I dunno...

Anywho - Obviously haven't had any time to lend seeing as I'm consistently hospitalized every few months so I graciously decline.

However - they called again yesterday and have an office set up right by Nick's Steakhouse in Mokena - just looking for someone to do phones, make sure people are registered to vote, call for rally's in Ind., etc.

I might just see if I can swing a few hours a week. But it's enough that my mom is already trapped here with Sadie 24/7 - might not be a good time to ask for some "me" time away from here for the campaign.

Regardless, the idea is on the back burner. And if anyone wants the guy's number that called me, I'd be more than happy to put you in touch.

Obama 08!

No comments: