Monday, October 6, 2008

Rolling with the punches

Another 30 days to go here and it honestly seems like an eternity at this point.

I love my mom and what she's doing for me, but I'm going crazy here. There is a constant tug of war between how she wants to do things with Sadie and how I want to do them. I know I'm getting on her nerves and vice versa - but it's a delicate balance to try and not explode.

I can't run out and vent either. I can't get very far on foot, drive a car or just scream. It's really starting to get to me.

I want things to be normal and I feel like there has never been a normal for us since the baby got here. It's always been this or that - Abnormal is the norm.

I miss sleeping next to my husband at night. I miss my sweet, snuggly cat, the smell of my house, my bed and most important - my life.

I feel like I've had to adjust my life to fit into everyone else's. It's a really hard spot to be in. Whenever I ask my mom not to do something with the baby, she takes it personal - like I'm yelling at her and not appreciative of what she's doing. It's not that at all. I'm just trying to maintain some sort of control over anything in my life at this point.

Hopefully, the next few weeks go by fast for everyone.

No comments: