Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Proud to be an American

I voted today and it was wonderful, exciting and full of anticipation.

The only glitch was when I fed my ballot into the machine and it spit the thing back out at me for all to see.

I happily accepted my sticker and off we went to the doctor, where I am all cleared to pick up and take care of my baby.

We were considering for a good 15-20 minutes whether or not to attempt to stay downtown for the big rally. But, as we were greeted with signs left and right that said expressways were closing, no street parking we pretty much got the feeling that once you were in the city, you weren't getting out. And with an 8-month-old that didn't seem feasible to me.

Peace and love and GO OBAMA!

1 comment:

C J said...

It's a good thing you didn't stay girl, they closed Lake Shore Drive before the rally!!! If you would of stayed, you would of had to stand THE WHOLE TIME (there were no seats and no chairs allowed)!

Despite working in Chicago, i chose not to stay, i left like half the working city population.