Friday, November 28, 2008

The "right way" to parent

You try to be a good mom - and sometimes, it seems that no matter what you do - you're doing the wrong thing for your kid.

I worry all the time that the vaccinations Sadie gets are the wrong thing. But then I worry that if I didn't get her vaccinated, her weakened immune system could come back at any time and bite her in the ass.

Now, the FDA is reporting trace amounts of melamine and some acid in infant formulas. And again, I blame myself for being a bad mom because she's had primarily formula. Even when she was sick and needed my milk, I couldn't provide.

I'm sure every mom goes through this, and I'm almost positive this will continue and only get worse as she gets older.

I think I'm slowly starting to realize there is no "right way" when it comes to parenting or being a mom. I'm just going to keep trying as hard as I can to do best for Sadie - I know I'm going to make some mistakes along the way, but that's how we learn right?

1 comment:

Some Dude said...

I think, so long as your kid doesn't grow up to be Ultra-Political, Sweater-Wearing, Guitar-Playing Hippie Guy or Emotionally Fragile, Cat-And-Unicorn-Loving, Single Lady, you'll be okay.

Other than that, we all screw our kids up and just hope that they don't become the guy in the watchtower shooting people below (a la the Steve Martin scene in "Parenthood").