Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby W - 24 weeks

After waking up this morning, my entire day at the hospital on Monday pretty much didn't seem real at all. When the doctor came in with her assistant, I knew we were in for the long haul, but I had no idea how serious the issue with low amniotic fluid can be. Especially this early in the pregnancy.

When we got up to L&D triage I can definitely say that I completely lost it. I was not ready for all of this so early on. The worst thing about the entire situation is not knowing what's going on. We just have to wait it out and hope for the best. I'm praying and praying that my fluid levels remain the same at the very least.

At the same time, it's beyond reassuring being at the hospital we're at. This is why I went to the ends of the earth to find a doctor who would be there for us when we needed them to be there - and she didn't mess around yesterday.

I don't know anything about the baby. They still can't see the heart or get good scans of the abdomen. His head got bigger from last time, so that showed growth which is great. The L&D nurses said to try not to relax until Monday but that it is perfectly okay to be upset. It's a really scary thing. All I want is for this baby to be okay and to avoid the obstacles that Sadie faced as a newborn. I have so much faith in my doctor and in God - I know things happen for a reason and we will find out why in time.

1 comment:

Erik Williams said...

"God - I know things happen for a reason and we will find out why in time." i dont think we believe this much anymore, or at least I can't think of a good reason.