Thursday, January 20, 2011

Loss and hope

A friend that I haven't seen in a really long time came over for a visit today with her three boys.

Our kids had fun terrorizing each other and making a mess. And as mothers - we were constantly refereeing the mayhem.

In between the yelling and the playing, my friend asked me about my pregnancy. Questions about how I was feeling and what it was like to be pregnant again so soon after losing Sawyer.

Everytime a question came up, one of our children were about to hurl themselves off a chair or decided that the toy somebody else had was worth beating each other up over.

Amidst our shouts of discipline, I didn't really get a chance to answer...

But the thing is, she asked me things that no one ever asks - questions that I think a lot of people are afraid to ask.

But, at that moment, it meant the world to me that someone was acknowledging my pain, my loss - and my hope.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Michelle,
Just discovered your blog. My cousin started a blog (http://zacharymichaeldeyager.blogspot.com) in memory of her stillborn son and just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Just wanted to leave a note in case her experience could provide any hope or comfort to you. God bless you and your family.
Jessica