Thursday, September 18, 2008

Moving back home...

I am still kind of shocked at how sore I am after surgery. Totally normal - but I guess I didn't realize that it would be a little different this time around.

Compared to the c-section and wound vac incident, however, the pain is much more tolerable and I'm able to shower, walk and sit pretty well.

Staying over here has been interesting to say the least. It's a HUGE adjustment for everyone but we're doing good. Emotionally, I'm handling things much better than I thought I was going to. I've had a few moments, but they're mostly out of frustration and not sadness!

My mom and dad just love Sadie. They sit out on the swing with her and take her on little walks in the stroller. I snuck some pictures when they weren't looking so when I get my computer I'll have to post them up here.

Dad took her for a ride in the big girl swing and I got a video - she was going F A S T - but hey, he didn't kill any of us.

The weather is beautiful out here and if we were at my house, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. We have bistro chairs and they aren't very good to sit on after spinal surgery. I love sitting here and doing the crossword, looking outside and hearing the birdies. So does Miss Sadie.

I miss my husband a lot and I know he misses us. We've gone through everything else together so being apart is a slight adjustment. But, 20 years from now - we'll look back on it all and realize that it made us stronger.

Over and out.

1 comment:

Denise said...

It sounds so peaceful at your mom and dad's.... You painted such a tranquil picture. :o)
Hang in there, sweetie, you know that this after-surgery pain will be gone and in your distant memory sooner than you think. We'll be praying for continued peace in your heart, patience with the recovery process and a focus on the positives for you.

Love from all of us,

Denise