Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm happy doing this, thank you.

Lately, there's been a firestorm of inquiries as to whether or not I'll be going back to work, writing - pretty much anything but being a "stay-at-home" mom.

Most are surprised when I say, "No plans for that, I'm happy doing this."

I haven't had a chance to do what I've wanted to do as a mom yet. There's always been some sort of an obstacle - and I know that life is full of obstacles - but it seems that mine stacked up right in front of my eyes within a matter of months instead of the usual decades.

So here I am. Doing laundry, cooking dinner, learning about the world with my beautiful daughter. I love it.

Do I miss working? Of course - when I became a parent, I started questioning just about everything about life...I think it comes with the territory.

But for now, no more questions about what I'm doing, what someone things I want to be doing and certainly none about what people think I should be doing.

Thank you.

No comments: