Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two years ago today...

Old blog post - revisited:

Hey guess what?

You won't guess. So i will tell you.

Okay. Last week, i thought i had the flu. i had fevers, chills, vomiting - the usual.

Sooo, i just took it easy and pretty much ignored it. that's what you do when you have a newborn to take care of.

Anyway - so Sunday, Sadie got baptized, so i kinda put the pukey, flu-like feelings aside for the day so we could get things done. After a LONG day, we come home and i go to the bathroom.

(warning, kinda wierd, gross stuff ahead)

After i pee, i am pulling up my underwear and notice the entire front is covered in this yellowish, sticky stuff. I was like, no. this is not happening.

I stand up and look in the mirror, and my c-section (which has been giving me problems since DAY ONE) looked like someone had been chewing on it.

It was all red and disfigured - and PAINFUL. (keep in mind, i had seen my doctor 3 different times to get this fixed - and he said that everything was fine and healing well).

So, i put the baby down and rush over to mary's to have her look at it. i pull up my shirt, show her and ask, "what do you think?"

she says "ummm. yeah you really should go in. right now"

so my mom drives out to mary's and picks me up and off we head to St. Joes because i'll be DAMNED if i EVER go to silver cross ever again.

long story short - they did a CAT scan in the ER and it shows that the incision is completely infected - so a surgeon comes straight in and does surgery right there in the ER.

he re-opens the wound so it will drain out and admits me.

so. i finally got home today - but it's like i had the c-section all over again.

bascially, they keep the wound open and stuff it with stuff to help it heal from the inside out. then, i'm hooked up to a "wound vac" that sucks all the bad stuff out.

sounds fun huh?

so everytime they have to change the wound dressing, they have to re-open it and shove gauze in there and foam stuff and this silver thing.

i can't even begin to convey the pure anger and hatred i have for my doctor that completely ignored me. i'd go into more detail about this person, but we plan on seeking legal counsel over the matter - because i was hospitalized and had surgery for no reason at all. it never should have gotten to this point.

i couldn't even leave my room because i was in isolation for infection. turns out, the cultures they took showed infectious disease growing in my tissue and my skin. nice huh?

thanks doctor for telling me i was fine after all those times i went to you - a person who had the resources to care and cure, but who didn't give a shit at all.

No comments: